Options

Sorting Requests for Add Foods

I log everything I eat in Chronometer every day. I have a couple requests that would make this easier for me:

1) For Custom Foods, can you sort alphabetically? The list is currently sorted in date added order although I have on occasion seen it alphabetical somewhere, can't remember.

2) The initial list of frequently used foods in the All tab is great but mine is stuck somewhere and never updates based on recent usage. This list would be most useful if it truly reflected mostly commonly added foods over last month.

3) I like that the search function starts by showing foods I've used at the top of the results list but it's inconsistent. Please apply most frequently used criteria for food results when starting a search

Comments

• Options

Hi Steverino,

You can sort your list of custom foods in the Foods tab by using the arrows icon, shown to the right here:

You can sort a-z, z-a or by date created.

In the Food Search, the foods shown in the Custom Foods tab will initially be sorted by date created, then by most often used foods. When you add new custom foods, they will be added to the bottom of the list.

The All tab of the food search sorts based on popularity by Cronometer users until it has had enough time to learn the foods you use most often (rather than the most recently logged foods).

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

I left out one part - I'm referring to the mobile app.

• Options

Ah - thanks! I will include that in our mobile app feature updates.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Options

OK, this is weird timing. Now I'm seeing expect most recently used list in web Chronometer. I think it's new?

And to clarify for the sorting -- I'd like lists like my custom foods sorted alphabetically in the Add Food dialog.

And while I'm at it, I log everything using NCCDB, USDA, or ESHA, which is easy since i eat only whole foods, so I would love ability to exclude CRDB from all searches both on web and mobile app. Perhaps in config section, I could check on/off which databases to use in app.

Anyway, minor quibbles and I love this app!

• Options

And finally -- i make extensive use of recipes of recipes to make adding daily stuff easier. Then I move entries around to different sections (breakfast, lunch, etc). In the custom foods creation page, I'd love to be able to reorder the items in the list. That makes it easy to put my dinner standards at bottom for easy dragging around.

• Options

Hi Steverino,

We appreciate the feedback - no matter how minor!

If you are eating only whole foods, I would recommend doing your food searches in the Common Foods tab. This will limit your search results to our most comprehensive databases, such as NCCDB and USDA. This tab does not include the branded product database from ESHA, though.

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Options

Ah, common foods. Never used that tab before but now I will. Learn something new every day!