Options

Explode/Implode recipe

So you can explode a recipe, alter the ingredients you exploded in your diary, but you can't just put it back together. When you create a recipe from the ingredients you create a whole new freaking thing! I just want to change the weights of the ingredients for that particular entry of that recipe in my diary. PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!

Comments

• Options

Hi Naseimbuch,

When you explode a recipe you cannot put it back together again. If you would like to clean up your diary and you have not made any changes to the recipe, you could delete all the ingredients then add the recipe back.

Exploding a recipe allows you to make changes to the serving sizes of some of all of the ingredients and remove ingredients if you make a few substitutions to your recipe today, but still want to keep your original recipe in tact. Is that what you are looking for?

Once you have made changes to the proportions or added/removed ingredients it is not quite the same recipe anymore.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

What i'm looking for is a "group/ungroup" style of functionality. I'm not changing the recipe, i'm changing amounts for that day in the recipe and then want to group them back together so that my diary is clean and succint.

• Options

Hi Naseimbuch,

Gotcha! If you are keeping the proportions in the recipe the same, can you add a different serving size of the recipe in your diary? This will keep your diary uncluttered by the individual ingredients, while I put this on our list of feature requests.

For example, for convenience, I add different serving sizes when I create my recipe (or edit it later if I find I am using other serving sizes often). Then I choose an appropriate serving size when I add the recipe to my diary.

If I have eaten a serving size and I don't want to go to the trouble of editing my recipe to add a new serving size, I enter in a custom serving size for that recipe. Do you find your recipes are typically servings-based or weight-based? For a servings based recipe I enter something like 0.5 serving or if weight-based, I could choose 'g' as a serving size then enter the weight of my serving.

You can also edit the serving size once you have added the recipe to your diary by clicking on the Unit to choose a new unit and then Amount to edit the numerical value.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

No, the proportions change.