Options

We ate all the chocolate!

And it was worth EVERY SINGLE CALORIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The past two weeks have been miserable. I had surgery, and today was the first day I was able to get out for a walk. 3/4 of a mile. Before surgery I was hiking/running/walking 25 miles a week.

20+ months of never going over calorie goals...... 100lbs lost by me, and nearly 50lbs lost by my wife...... both of us are 5 lbs under our goal weight.

Today I NEEDED to pig out, and I did. Zero regrets. Tomorrow, back on track. :smile:

Comments

• Options

@RWP

Thanks for sharing! I think this is such an important lesson... For weight loss to be sustainable it MUST be enjoyable (which means that on some days, you're going to eat all the chocolate).

A key question I encourage my clients to ask themselves is: "Is this worth the calories?". Sometimes it will be, sometimes it won't. (In either case, it's important to let go and move on :smile: ).

I also think it's awesome that you and your wife have created such awesome health habits that I'm sure getting back on track will be easy.

Keep up the great work!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

I agree completely! Another thing for people to consider is your calorie goals need to be a weekly/monthly/even longer average. Having a day or two over on calories will not effect you in the long run.