Looking for breastfeeding plus pregnancy option

Hey,

There is an option for female-breastfeeding and female-pregnant, but not one for both. I'm both pregnant and breastfeeding and would like to know what I should be eating as accurately as possible. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Answer ✓

@Oldschoolawesome

Congratulations!

There are a lot of factors that will influence your energy needs in pregnancy, including your weight pre-pregnancy, as well as the trimester you are in. I would also consider how old your infant is. If breastmilk is not the main source of your infant's dietary intake (i.e. your infant is older than 1 year), you don't need to worry too much about eating more. In addition, energy needs in pregnancy only increase in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

To answer your question, my advice would be to eat based on hunger in your first trimester, ensuring that you have larger meals and/or additional snacks to meet calorie needs in the 2nd and 3rd trimester (according to the pregnancy setting in Cronometer).

You may also find this Cronometer blog helpful on your journey. :)

https://cronometer.com/blog/building-a-healthy-baby/

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

Answers

• edited June 2021

Congratulations! Being pregnant is a wonder gave us by God. We, women, are amazing and invincible and we should embrace the gift that he gave us: the ability to give life. You should see a nutritionist in order to give your baby the best nutrients. I tried eating healthy on my own, but I remember during my second pregnancy I was craving beer like crazy. I know, weird craving. I had to see a professional otherwise there was no chance for me to eat healthily. If you can do it on your own, that's amazing, my doula the doctor I went to, recommended me lots of veggies, smoothies, no fried things and also a lot of milk!

• First of all, you should reconsider your diet.