missing nutritional data

i was just comparing 1kg Satsumas (Sainsbury's) vs 1kg Clementines (raw), wondering how the nutritional profile can be so different, when i realized that clearly the Sainsbury's satsumas can not be correct because they certainly have more than 0 (zero) Water content vs the clementines have 865.8 g water per Kg. I'm just saying that Sainsbury's Satsumas nutritional profile can not be correct.

Comments

• Hi marielou,

We get the nutrition information for name brand products from the package. Usually food manufacturers only report the nutrients required by law.

Some foods have a better alternative with more nutrients marked. Our curation team is hard at work identifying products in the brand database that have generic equivalents with better data. If they’ve tagged a food as having a better alternative, we show you a handy link to the better option.

If you search for foods in the Common Foods tab, you will be able to find generic alternatives with much more nutrient data.

Have a look at this Blog Post for some tips and tricks to keep in mind when choosing foods!

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer