Foods won't come up in search

For the last few days when I search for certain foods (like PB & Me peanut butter) it will not appear in the search, so I have to scan it or copy it from a previous day. This is a new issue for me, as I have been able to consistently search and find this item in the past.

Comments

  • Hi there,

    We had an update that seems to need a refresh of your browser for some. Please clear your cache to get the food search functioning again.

    Best,

    Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

  • Hi Karen,

    This issue is on my Android app. Will clearing Chrome's cache fix the issue, or do I need a different solution for the mobile app?

  • Oops! Sorry about that. Would you mind sending an email to support@cronometer.com so we can look into this further?

    Thank you!

    Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

  • IMG_0137.png

    App will not load any foods and shows this. Also, doesn’t show my favorites or custom foods I made anymore either?

  • I'm having this issue today. Did you find a fix?

  • My search is blank. The only thing I can think of is I just uploaded ios27 yesterday!! The only thing that shows are my custom recipes that show up under “All” but don’t show up under “custom”!

  • mmrobins
    edited September 22

    Yeah, food search is completely broken for me today as well, nothing comes up no matter what I search, in both mobile and desktop web versions.

    I emailed support and got a response back pretty quickly, so they're aware of it:


    We are aware that our food search function is currently unavailable. We expect this issue to be resolved in roughly 60 minutes and our team is working to restore it even sooner.

    In the meantime, you can still:

    Select foods from your recent history
    Scan foods using the barcode scanner
    Copy and paste foods from previous diary entries
    Log foods using Photo Logging and Voice Logging (Gold users only)
    

    We’re really sorry for the inconvenience and will be back in touch as soon as the issue has been resolved.

  • Same issue in my household and we have three Gold accounts. If tech support reads these messages, please send out an e-mail blast to all of us when it is repaired???

  • same here. Search is broken completely. All searches come up blank

  • Same. My Favorites items are in the All column and my Favorites and Custom lists are empty.

  • Just out of curiosity, are any of you folks sharing/linked with other family members' accounts? My daughter, wife and I all have individual Gold memberships and share recipes with the "Linked Account" function. Just wondering if this feature could be whacking me like I was on The Sopranos.

  • same thing happening to me

  • I have a paid account and it has been GREAT for me. But broken search has made it almost unusable. Please fix ... in the past search has been pretty good ... but as of today it feels completely broken.

  • I have a Gold account on the iPhone and search has become very hard to use in the past several days. I am generally a big fan of the app and generally search has been good, but something happened recently to make it very challenging. In the past it "seemed" to give some preference to foods I have recently used but that does not currently seem to be the case. Also, general searches do not seem to work.

    As an example today, I searched for the word Peach and a standard fresh peach was about three page views down. Same thing with my search for banana.

    Thanks for your attention to this matter and I look forward to finding a solution.