Options

Cronmeter Barcode Question

edited April 2020 in General Discussion

I'm making custom dishes in the app for my clients.

I'd love to give them a barcode that they can scan and have that info populate automatically for them. I also have an online program that has all my recipes in a booklet. If I had a barcode I could also direct them to cronometer as an option for logging their food. Is it possible to add a barcode or link to a created recipe in cronmeter? That way when they click the recipe it opens up in cronometer so they can quickly log the recipe.

Comments

• Options

I know you could create a QR code (a type of 2D 'bar' code) that points to the "Full Info at cronometer.com" page for the food or recipe. However, this page doesn't provide a way to directly log the food into a diary. There is an interface for adding bar codes to custom foods and recipes, but unless they can see your custom foods, I don't think those would come up if they scanned the bar code unless they have access to your custom food database.

• Options

Hi aferchaud,

Cronometer doesn't generate barcodes, but you can find online resources to make barcodes. Once you have a barcode created for your recipe, you can add it to your recipe in Cronometer to make them accessible to your clients using the barcode scanner. This is such a great idea to make it easy for your clients!

In the Recipe Editor page, enter the barcode number associated with your recipe using the green + shown here:

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Perfect. Thank you so much Karen. Can anyone with cronometer access my recipes or only those that are on the higher paid plans?

• Options

Okay, I tried that, but it doesn't appear to work @Karen_Cronometer. I added the barcode number. Then I created another cornometer account to see if I could search it. It says the food is not found. I then logged back into my other cronometer account where I created the account and searched by the barcode and it worked. Is the custom recipe only available to me?

• Options

Hi aferchaud,

When you created a new account to test the barcode, did you add yourself as a friend or client of your Pro account? The custom recipe should be available to you and the clients or friends you have shared the recipe with.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Nice collection ….Keep posting such things.