I have to lose weight per drs orders are the numbers given really work.

I have been told by the dr I need to lose weight and my fitness pal tells me to go to 1200 Cronometer says 1500. I also need some tips on the best way to lose weight other than not eating. Yes someone did suggest this. Thanks

Rachel

Answers

• Hello @Rachel5 ,

Did you doctor state a specific reason you need to lose weight (i.e. for surgery, IVF treatment, etc.)? If it was just for health and well-being, it's important to focus on your health habits (sleep, stress, food, activity), rather than numbers.

The easiest place to start is simply by choosing a weight-loss target in your Cronometer account. I'd suggest a target of losing 0.5 to 1 lb per week. Cronometer will automatically adjust your calorie target to reach this goal (you can find this under Settings>>Targets>>Weight Goal).

What's important to remember is that any deficit in calorie intake will result in weight loss. Where most people struggle is by setting unsustainable targets and not setting their environments up for success. Take inventory of your current dietary intake and start looking for ways that you can keep food volume high, but decrease calories (such as by adding more fruits, vegetables, and lean protein).

Best of luck!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer