Is there a way to disable sound from the ads?

I have just started using cronometer through the app, but can’t tell if I like it or not due to ads popping up with sound. I realize the ads help keep it free but the automatic sound playing is distracting and prevents me from using this app instead of my fitness pal.

Answers

• Sorry about that! :( We don't select the ads that appear. Please report the ads you do not wish to see so Google ads will stop showing them to you.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I don't listen to media often on my phone. I regularly leave the media volume on my phone at zero to avoid audio from ads (mostly due to other apps that have much more annoying ad systems).

I have to say that I think Cronometer has made great choices about when and where to place ads. While ads pop up when you switch to trends taking a bit of extra time when you have the time to look into the reports, they don't pop up when you're entering foods (often a very busy time, recording a bunch of servings at a meal and not wanting to let the food cool before eating). My only issue with the ads is when I fat finger the button and open trends by mistake when I'm recording foods.