Walking - why no distance ?

edited August 2021 in Help

I hadn't used Chronometer for some time but previously put in distance walked but it only has a time option.

I don't wear a watch or have a mobile phone so don't really know how long it takes to walk 5k. Google will say 65 mins but some days could be quicker or slower.

The truest SUCCESS is but the development of self. - Charles Atlas.

Best Answer

• They recently changed how exercises are logged - “new exercises” vs old, so things definitely changed. I used to be able to log rowing by wattage, now it’s just two effort levels, which is highly subjective.

All these numbers - nutrition data as well as exercise calories - are inherently so inaccurate that I’m now good with some general idea of how I’m doing overall.

It’s not the app developers fault, it’s the data. I used to be very concerned with numbers, now I look at trends over time.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Answers

• If you can approximate your pace, then can you calculate time based on your distance? I mean, the subjective nature of entering effort makes the result quite inaccurate in any case. Unless you know your speed - time and distance - fairly accurately, then the whole calculation isn’t very reliable.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

• Thanks @p0wer_lifter Not really dead concerned with accuracy, just thought an older version of Cronometer had distance, I could be mistaken. Like I do 1/2 an hour of Tai Chi plus weapon forms but it's more advanced and more like kung fu or something, no way to figure that out. And my Yoga classes can vary a lot.

Back to the Gym next week, a 10 min walk there then back after. Sometimes I take the stairs to my apartment on the 15th floor, 2 steps at a time, haven't looked for that yet.

The truest SUCCESS is but the development of self. - Charles Atlas.