Options

Collagen Peptides

Has anyone here tried collagen peptides to help with either mild joint pain with increasing exercise and loose skin related to weight loss?

I’m not seeing a real downside to adding 10g a day. It’s 9g protein and 35 kcal, can be dissolved in my morning tea or blended into a smoothie or soup. The extra protein alone may be worth it.

However, I was wondering if anyone has experience with it, and if it is actually likely to provide any benefits beyond any other protein supplement.

Comments

• Options

I used a collagen supplement when I had a bad knee injury, the only thing I did notice was my finger nails got harder. It was rather expensive to keep using it after the first tub. My knee did get better but takes time.

The truest SUCCESS is but the development of self. - Charles Atlas.

• Options

If you can afford them I don't see the problem. It just seems really expensive to me. I was talking to some guy who spends about $500 year on collagen peptides.

Chicken legs/thighs are on sale this week for 37 cents a pound. It's a lot cheaper for me to just make chicken bone broth in my pressure cooker than buy the powder.