Ground Beef - Rinsed After Cooking

I see this under Ground Beef, is this just someones technique that slipped into the database for cooking their ground beef. Running their burger patty or crumbled ground beef under water after cooking to remove more fat I suppose.

I understand 'pan-browned" and I suppose "pan-broiled".

So is "broiled" without the "pan" equal to "bbq grilled" or "george foreman grilled" gfg as all three let the fat drip away? I'm doing the gfg technique.
Thx

Answers

• Amazing, I never noticed "rinsed after cooking". How insane, who would ever rinse ground beef after cooking? I notice many questions here do not get answered. I wish that Cronometer had someone screening questions and answer ones such as this since I would say no one seems to know an answer. I have sent questions to Cronometer and 50% of the time I do get an answer back. Email them and then let us all know. Wow! That is all I can say about this.

Good luck and keep us posted.

• Those entries are from the Nutrition Coordinating Center Food & Nutrient Database (NCCDB), so they are actual measured results from a nutrition authority. It is not from the cronometer team nor the users.

Honestly, I think it is a monstrous inevitability driven by the fat phobia starting in mid-century. It's anti food, throwing half out nutrition, and most of the flavour with it (in the fat and the fond on the pan)

https://www.tiktok.com/@eemilydharperr/video/6904008629146356994

(I think most of the liquid poured off looks like water to me, which is why the meat has barely browned. I think it was already soaked in water by the supplier to increase it's weight.)

• Rinsing after cooking is commonly done in hospital, and probably other food service settings, to reduce fat content of menus. For example if you want to serve tacos or meatballs to patients on "Cardiac" diets then the expectation is to lower the saturated fat below a given target, whether for that meal OR per serving OR as % of total calories overall.

Throwing out food, losing flavor = yes. However the utility of high protein diet when trying to lose weight is large, so losing many of those fat calories helps, if weight management is the intent.

Also could make the argument that unless you're buying 93/7 or so, the fat content of feedlot beef is significantly higher than anything which would resemble a wild/hunted animal, so rinsing off fat is actually bringing your food closer to a more normal/natural fat content.