Options

Part time Apple Watch wearing

So I am what I would call a “part time watch wearer” due to the nature of my work, I can’t have any electronics on during my workday. So I wear my watch for about 14 out of 24 hours. Should I leave Cronometer set to “None” or “Sedentary”? I use the watch for exercise, notifications and sleep tracking so limiting the use to only exercise is a no go. If I’m honest, I’m sitting quite a bit during those 10 hours, but I’d rather err on the side of less calories. What say you experts? Any chance there is a feature in the work to “fill in the gaps” with a chosen existing activity level when there is no available data from an activity tracker?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options

Depending on how much you think you move during the 10 hours of not wearing the watch, if I were you I'd be inclined to set my activity level at "Sedentary" but turn OFF the "Replace with Imported Activity" setting, so that the Sedentary calories are left in my diary representing my 10 hours of missing data, and then any movement my watch records during the 14 hours wearing period are in addition to the "Sedentary" calories.