Options

count macros in family style homemade foods

Hello, I cook for a family and would like to understand how to measure the macros/calories and nutrition for a large batch of chili that my family and I will be eating for several meals? Might be 4 servings, might be 5??
For instance: ground meat, beans, tomato sauce, onion and spices.
I've watched several youTube videos. They speak so fast it's impossible to understand.
Can anyone explain?
I would be so grateful!
Also, if I have input the a recipe into Cronometer, can I edit the recipe a month later when I do not have quite as much meat/or another part? Do I have to re-create the entire recipe?

Comments

• Options

So their documentation explains this pretty well:

For instance: ground meat, beans, tomato sauce, onion and spices.
    So you would just add those as ingredients. As you're cooking, you can weigh/measure out the ingredients you've added. Write them down or add them to the recipe in Cronometer as you go.

Might be 4 servings, might be 5?
    Cronometer will automatically determine weight based off the ingredients that make up the recipe. But you can also it how many servings there are at the end of the process.

The payoff is, when you want to log the meal later on, you can say "1 serving". Or, if you weigh out your meals before logging, however many grams the meal was.

Also, if I have input the a recipe into Cronometer, can I edit the recipe a month later when I do not have quite as much meat/or another part?

You can edit the recipe. It will ask if you want to update all previes entries or not.