Options

Retroactive Edits to Foods

I want to edit a copy of a food that I eat regularly to correct a nutrient value. I would then like to replace every instance in the past with this copy so that I can see the correct nutrient totals in the past.

Is this possible? I'm almost certain I did this by accident recently and can't figure out how to do it again.

Answers

• Options

When you edit entered food entries, it asks if you want to update past entries.

• Options

I only see any option to Edit a Copy, which I did.

Let me be more specific.

I eat eggs every day. I recently discovered that the bioavailability of vitamin B12 in eggs is about 10%. I want to adjust the level of the Egg diary entry to reflect the bioavailability not the total amount. When I make the change I want it to update every past diary entry.

I can't figure out how to do that, but I do recognize the screen to "Update old entries?" which I accomplished in the past. I just can't figure out how to do it again.

• Options
    edited April 2

I believe what you're trying to do only works for Custum Food entries.

When using database entries, you can only edit a copy of them.
    But since you've logged a database food entry, you won't be able to update those past entries easily.

At least that's what my experimenting so far has shown. The main reason I've created a large number of custom entries.

• Options

I believe you are correct which is very unfortunate.

If the team at Cronometer is reading this, I hope they add an option to replace past entries with a custom copy. Otherwise all past data is useless if you discover, like I did, that the entry I've been using does not have accurate values, as is common with so many foods.