Hello from Ireland 🇮🇪

Sionainn
edited July 31 in Connect With Others

Hello, I'm Sionainn and I'm from Ireland! I was googling for My Fitness Pal alternatives and found Chronometer so I decided to try it out. It is confusing but I'm sure I'll figure everything out! To be honest I am hopeless with weight loss plans but I keep trying again and again. Any tips on how to stay on track as I have a HUGE sweet tooth lol! Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Hi! I feel you on the sweet tooth.

i think what helped me most was to start tracking my food in earnest — not necessarily with calorie targets in mind at first, but just making sure every morsel was punched in.

I also had the benefit of starting during pandemic, with stay at home orders in place; so my meals were at home, and I was able to weigh out every ingredient with little else to do apart from work.

Im not suggesting weighing out every ingredient or food for the rest of your life — that’s no way to live — but doing things by weight lends different perspective. Revealed how traitorous cookies are, for example. And gave me a better understanding of what portion sizes are (most foods don’t make it easy to limit yourself to a single portion) for more realistic calorie targets.

I’ve lost around 60 pounds since i started and kept it off (it has fluctuated between 55 and 65 lbs or so lost so far, tbf) this way 🤷‍♂️

welcome, good luck 😊

• Sionainn
    edited May 28