Introducing Water Tracking on Cronometer

We are extremely happy to announce that Water Tracking is now available to all users! Users can now easily log and monitor their daily water intake right alongside their meals and nutrients. Cheers to better health, one sip at a time!

To learn more about Water Tracking on Cronometer visit our blog here.

Happy Water Tracking!

Comments

• This implementation of water tracker is terrible and inefficient. Please bring back the previous beta water tracker widget from August 2023 and improve upon that.

• Hey there Luke, we are sorry to hear the new Water Tracking feature is not matching up to your needs. If you would like to share more specific feedback so we can continue to improve on the feature, we'd encourage you to reach out to our Customer Support team at support@cronometer.com. Thank you!

• I haven't used the beta feature, so I can't compare. But I find this Water Tracking feature quite useful.
    Good job to the devs!

One minor suggestion: it would be even more convenient, if one could track water using the widget mode

• Maybe for someone that wants an extreme simplification this new widget is going to be perfect, but Cronometer's goal was always all in one tracker, which means using "glasses" to count the amount of water (most apps in this category do this) is a terrible idea for an app that knows the amount of water in foods and is supposed to be an all-in-one nutrition tracker.

Then there's the UI implementation. The new app widget looks like it's out of place, just landed and doesn't know where it's at. While other categories have plus signs, this one doesn't, which makes the "Water" text aligned to the left, then the amount of water is also by the side of it, while all the other categories have it underneath the main text.

Then, when the widget is open, those HUGE pixelated glasses makes me cringe. Why are they so big and not proportional to the other UI elements, and why are they pixelated so much? Then the total water on the top of the widget and the total water inside the widget doesn't match because they're separate targets. Also, if you make the target less than 16 glasses, then there's a big empty space left after the glasses. My suggestion, for advanced users, at least let us choose water intake target in Milliliters instead of glasses and be able to disable the glasses altogether, make it possible to show the total water intake (Including from food) in the top target display, add a plus button on the left of the widget (just like the rest of the categories) for quick adding of water.

In my opinion, this was the best implementation (Beta from August last year):
    It's flush and consistent with the app UI. Doesn't take unnecessary screen space, You could just add a button "Add Glass" instead of all those empty glasses in the new widget. And you could make the top app widgets rearrangeable so the users that complained they need to scroll 5 screens to reach it, could move them closer or even make it the first widget.

• @Seir That is great hear you are enjoying the new Water Tracking feature! We appreciate the feedback and I will pass it along to the team. For an easy work around we have also introduced an iOS Water Tracking widget where you can add water entries straight from your home screen. Check out the video on this blog to see how to add the widget. I hope this helps!

• @Luke8 Thank you for your feedback, I will pass it along to the team! If you would like to remove the Water Tracking widget from your Diary you can do so by tapping to More > Display > Show Water Widget in Diary. Cheers!