FitBit Data Does Not Sync

Is anyone else having trouble getting their FitBit data to sync with Cronometer? I have tried everything from unlinking, relinking, logging off of both apps, etc.

Comments

• @8Woodcoj Great, thanks for the post! I have been going crazy trying to figure it out. Also, whenever I try to 'force sync' I get the following error message: Sorry, we were unable to sync your data. Please try again later. I suspect that is a bug as well. I sent Cronometer a message as well. Let's see what they say. Thx!

• Same issue for me today. Looks like it did sync yesterday but nothing for today and errors when I try to force sync.

• Yer, I get the error from a force sync too. Definitely a few things need fixing. Hope Cronometer fixes it soon as it’s annoying having to enter manual exercise to get Cronometer to agree with Fitbit on calories burned.

• I have been having the same issue as well. Got all the same error messages as others. I thought it was my Fitbit going bad since I have had it a few years. Glad others responded. thanks

• Whew! Glad it isn't just me. I love this app for that very reason! Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

• Question: Are all of you using Android? It seems to have started after I installed the latest Android update. That may help Crono find a fix.

• Yep, same here... It synched fine yesterday, September 2nd, this morning? Same issue as all the other responders.

Also, I want to add that I'm using a Samsung A32 5G running Android v13.

• @JRzMom, I’m using iPhone. The sync on the Cronometer web does the same so I suspect it’s a backend issue?

• The_Rustic_Rebel
    edited September 3

Having the same issue. No.sync for 2st and today. Looks like it will sync excersize but not steps. Im on android.

Just updated both android and the app and still not working.

• Now, I am wondering if it is a problem with Fitbit. I am unable to change my exercise from Mountain Bike to Mowing Lawn. It always registers as Mountain Bike, but I've always been able to change it. Ever since Google bought Fitbit, they have made a lot of changes. I hope we hear something from Crono soon!

• me too, since two days ago! Fitbit were really helpful looking into problem. Never had a response from Cronometer but I’m glad I’m not the only one as it means it must be something they will see they have to fix! Hopefully soooooon! I’m manually adding in my activity burn from Fitbit to crono, but once issue is resolved it may well list all the activities twice which will take some sorting 😂

• On iPhone and iPad. Fitbit activity and exercise and Sleep won’t sync and when I try to force a sync I get the same error message as the others. Think the issue is with Cronometer not Fitbit

• Hmm, my FitBit is working fine, and I am able to select different exercises. I suspect it's a bug for Cronometer.

• The_Rustic_Rebel
    edited September 3

Mine is syncing now. But giving me about 700 more calories burned for fitbit activity than my fitbit says i burned. Fitbit has me ar 2400 burned so far today. My fitbit activity in cronometer says 3100 calories and is addding my bmr to that and telling me i can eat 4k calories today 😆 fitbit says i can have about 2800 for total for the day.

• Yes. The fitbit app itself is working (as well as it usually does). It’s the sync to Crono that’s broken.

• Cronometer was properly importing Fitbit data up until August 31st (Android user). This included importing and using only Cronometer's BMR and appropriately ignoring any of Fitbit's BMR data which provided accurate metrics within my Cronometer app. On September 1st and 2nd, Cronometer was not syncing with Fitbit and was not importing any data at all. I tried all the suggested unlinking, relinking, and turning on/off permissions I found from others. I saw on a couple online forums that others were having the same problem and that the Cronometer team was working on a service ticket to correct the issue.

As of this afternoon (Sept 3rd), Cronometer is once again syncing with Fitbit. Now there is a different problem. Cronometer is now using both the BMR from their own app AND adding both activity and BMR from the Fitbit sync. This is creating extremely high and incorrect calorie burn numbers, rendering the metrics showing in the Cronometer app useless and inaccurate.

Is there a patch or update is progress to correct this issue?

Thank you

• I have the same problem — checked my Cron app after reading the previous message and mine is also GROSSLY over the top with imported calorie burn. We'll see what's next — guessing that patience is key.

• Update to issues several hours earlier. Cronometer now syncing Fitbit activity but still NOT syncing sleep. Assume team is working on that fix also. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Syncing now but experiencing the same issue with extra calories burned. I'll just have to be patient and use the Fitbit app to determine actual calories burned. My sleep is syncing correctly.

• You guys! I heard from Holly at Cronometer who said they implemented a fix, but now my FitBit is showing 'Swimming' activity that I did not do. Lol.

• Question since I just started using the FitBit with Cronometer...Is it the default behavior for Cronometer to combine the BMR+FitBit activity? I see from the previous posts (and my own dashboard) that these values are combined. Is this another known issue (bug) with Cronometer, or is there setting to manage this so I can use the 'Activity' logged in the FitBit app? Thx!

• It wasn't syncing properly, so I forced a sync, and it was successful so I forced a sync yesterday and today. I thought maybe it had to do with me having a new phone. I unlinked and then relinked and it will sync, but it's vastly overestimating my Fitbit activity calories at this point. Like, it is showing the total calorie burn for the day in the Fitbit activity row. I am glad I'm not the only one with a syncing problem. Just hoping it is fixed soon!

• yeah same problem here where it syncs but the calorie count for "Fitbit Activity" is waaay too high on the cronometer side.

• It looks like the.Cronometer.team has it all fixed now. As of this morning, mine is syncing with Fitbit and is once again correctly calculating activity vs BMR between the two apps. Thank you to the Cronometer team for your prompt attention to everything!

• It does appear like the sync issue is resolved. Hooray! Question regarding BMR vs. FitBit activity....if you are using the FitBit activity should I manually set the BMR setting in Cronometer to zero? Right now, my app is showing the total Cronometer BMR + FitBit activity which is inaccurate. Thx!

• Mine still seems to have bmr figured into fit bit activity

• yeah mine has the problem again today

• And also my fitbit activity from yesterday is gone