If you have Hashimotos Disease how much should I reduce the calories on my ketogenic diet

Hi
I have been on the ketogenic diet for quite a while but have been recording in cronometer for a week now. I have been in ketosis 4 to 8 mmol daily. My fasting blood glucose has been around 4.5. i have stuck to the targets. Ive limited protein to just below the target and obviously carbs have been on or below target and maybe I have gone over with the fat. After one week I weigh exactly the same as I did a week ago and my percentage fat has gone up nearly 2 points. I have Hashimotos disease I presume I must have a miserably low metabolism. The only thing I can think to do is reduse overall calorie consumption. I have dropped my basal metabolic rate to 900 from 1200 today and will see how that goes for the week. Problem is, I still feel a little bit hungry.

Answers

• @Krystal

Cronometer doesn't give nutritional advice, sorry. You may get some from others though. With your unique situation and having a diagnosis, it would be prudent for you to see a qualified health practitioner for assistance. I would suggest a keto expert as well.

Best regards,
    Frank Alvarez
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• @Krystal

I second @Frank , you should reach out to a qualified health professional to work with you on your weight loss goals. A few things to keep in mind, however, is that our scale can be a poor barometer of weight loss. On average, people can lose and gain ~ 5 lbs in one day from food, BM, fluid shifts, clothing choices, etc. Also, setting your calories too low is not ideal as it can actually lower your metabolism further and increase the risk for disordered eating. Best of luck!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hi Krystal
    Did you manage to sort out your diet? I too have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, but I also have terrible memory problems and I'm bamboozled having to relearn stuff all the time.
    I did think about doing a Keto diet but I was put off having read a lot of negative things about it.
    Davie