Quick Add Button for Water

edited May 2018 in Feature Requests

Hi,

I like to track my water throughout the day and I think it would be great if there was a feature that when you pressed the plus on the screen (android phone), that one of the options was add water, that we could set up with however many oz our water bottles are. I know there are apps (like lose it, fitbit), where you can quick add water, but they don't allow for the ounces to be different, other than the general 8 oz, 16 oz, 24 oz etc. For the time being, I just add it as tap water and put in the ounces in the bottle. It works, but a shortcut would be nice.

Thank you.!

Comments

• @mindikus , This has been requested in the past as well! As we update the app we are looking towards user feedback like this for ideas on how to make the app more user friendly, so hopefully we will see a feature such as this in the future! Thanks for the suggestion!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I'm going to second this. I think it is important to reduce friction and improve the times it takes to complete a task. It takes ~30s to add water on the mobile app, and much longer on the site.

A simple button that adds 8oz to Uncategorized would be a simple start.

• Thanks for your feedback! I love that you took the time to make a visual :)

Oof, I can get your workflow down to 3s, though it still requires are least 3 clicks to add water.

Water is a frequently used item for me, so it appears in my default list of foods when I click the Add Food button. I also add it to my Favorites so if my food search is defaulted to the Favorites tab it's there as well.

I click Add Food, select water from the list. Cronometer remembers the last serving size I used, so if I don't need to make any adjustments then I click the Add button.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer