Starting a "10 lb Muscle Gain" challenge on a vegan diet using Calisthenics- Who is interested?

Hello There,

I would like to bulk up on a plant based diet. I am shooting for 10 lb of muscle gain starting now (Aug 4th 2019) and I have until the end of the year to accomplish it.

Would love to have some buddies on this journey.

Cheers,

Paul

Comments

• @polo336

I was part of a documentary where someone did this (it hasn't been released yet)! I'm really interested in your journey so keep us posted.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• @Susan_RD_101

Cool... I am curious about this documentary now lol.

I will! Thank you!

• UPDATE: I am at +16 lbs in 10 weeks! And yes I am still lean lol. It is TOTALLY possible to build muscle on a plant based diet.

• @polo336

Thankfully "The Game Changers" is helping to show people that you can be strong and powerful and still eat plants! :)

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Exactly! Loved this documentary.

• @polo336

Very interested!! I have seen the documentary (very compelling) and have been steadily replacing meat protein with plant based. Still trying to keep my protein at 1 gram per pound of body weight. I have been integrating more calisthenics with traditional weight lifting. Are you open to sharing the program you've been following? Caloric intake, exercises, times per week, etc.

Thanks in advance.

• @Acaste

Hi there!

Good for you for progressively switching to PB! You won't regret it!

I keep my protein between 1 to 1.5 gr per kg, I don't track my calorie intake very often but I think it's around 2,200 and 2,500.

I also do Cali and weight lifting everyday for at least an hour.
    At the beginning I was just doing mostly 10 reps and 3 sets of each exercise but I change the routine every 2 weeks trying to focus more on strength right now (lower reps heavier weights).

I'll be sharing more on my youtube channel if you are interested.

I am curious about your routine too if you don't mind sharing.
    my email: polopacabs@hotmail.com.

Good luck with your journey!

• @polo336

Thanks for the info. What is your YouTube channel?

I try to change my routine up as well; sometimes 2 weeks sometimes a month depending on how I feel my progress is going. I do a light cycle; 3 sets of 10 at about 65% of my estimated max.

Then a heavy cycle; 4 to 5 sets pyramided up to close to my max. I'm trying to add muscle now. On legs day I'll add "box jumps". On shoulder day I try to add compound movements with kettle bells. Push ups on chest day etc.

What caught my attention about your post was the calisthenics; that was going to be my next cycle. Probably 2 weeks.

I used to do exclusively whole body workouts outs 3 times a week. I might work that back into the routine.

I have been ramping my protein up; .6 grams per lbs of body weight, then to .85 grams, and in the last week it's been close to 1 gram per lbs of body weight.

I guess we'll see how it goes!

Thanks again for sharing!!

• Thanks for sharing man! Any Gainz yet?

How many exercises do you do per workout?

Right now I'm doing two muscle groups per day with like 4 sets of 3 exercise per group muscle.

For the Cali, are you going to a gym or do you have your own set up?

I was going to the playground at the school nearby but its getting too cold now lol. So now I do pull ups on the bench press barbell and reverse push ups against the wall and some superman push ups.

Here is my YT channel, there is not much on it right now but I'll be sharing more!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDsIyKpF276c8RCFZiOLTdg?view_as=subscriber