Options

negative calories on Cronometer dashboard

Hi there
Just reviewing the last few days and for two days I see significant negative calories, see below

Could you explain how this is calculated & what the graph means? I am wearing a Garmin Vivoactive 4, and have Cronometer activity level set to zero, so all active calories burned are imported straight from the watch.

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Options

Hi Rob,

The graph should be showing you your total calories burned each day from BMR + exercises + activity level (if not set to zero).

I'm not sure how there are negative values shown on your chart - we will have to investigate. Can you think of anything that is different about those two days? I'll let you know if there we need more information to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for reporting this!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Hi Karen- I just checked and nothing different, and also the graphs at the top of the screen all appear to be fine, there is nothing unusual there- it is only the bar chart on the left that looks different. It hasn't happened since.

The only 'event' that happened that might be somehow connected is that I set up a Fitbit Aria scale on January 2nd and linked that to Cronometer as opposed to putting an estimated weight in. Active calories have come from the Garmin since Dec 29th so maybe thats nothing to do with it, but for sure the two 'negative calorie' days happened right after a big change in weight coming from estimated weight v actual weight. The way to test that would be to delete weight metrics from before January 2nd but I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks

Rob

• Options

Hi Rob,

We're doing some further investigation - I was wondering if you wouldn't mind emailing us at support@cronometer.com? It would help us out to take a look at some screenshots of your Garmin account for the days that have been affected.
    Were you entering your weight in Garmin previously? Or have you updated your weight in your Garmin account to match what you have imported into Cronometer from your Fitbit account?

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer