Phone App and search foods

I always use my laptop and the website-where the heck is the search foods option in the app? I wanted to look up eggs when in the store to check out all the nutritional values and couldn't find a way to do so.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

Comments

• On android (I assume iPhone is similar), you tap the big + near the bottom of the screen, and click "add food". If the food has a barcode, you can use your phone camera to scan that, which is a huge time saver if the food is in the database.

You can read all about your chosen food (tap on the nutrients to open up the detailed nutrition page), but it won't add it to your diary unless you click the "add" button.

• edited December 2019

Oops! Double post.

• I don't always want to add the food, I just want to et the nutritional values a look-see :)

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• Then don't add it!

The method I describe gives you the look-see. You can see everything, you just don't click the "Add" button.

• Does anyone know how to look up food? Surely there is a search function on the phone app? Ask the oracle is useful for nutrients, but I want to search for foods via the app similar to searching on the website.

• Hi Comanchesue,

On the mobile app, use the Add Food button to search for foods. You can browse the nutrient content of foods by tapping them in the list. Scroll down to see all the information. Use the X in the top left corner to exit without adding the food to your diary.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer