Oura connection

Hello. I went through previous posts on Oura connections and it seems like there was a bug fix. I just got an Oura ring and cannot get data into Cronometer. I've tried the connect/disconnect methods described in other posts. Is there anything else that can be done to get the data to start flowing? Fitbit connection is fine (scale and tracker).

Comments

• Hi PandaFoodie,

We have a device troubleshooting guide here:https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020355032-Device-Troubleshooting

Apologies if you have tried this already. If it is still not working, please send us an email at support@cronometer.com and we can help.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thank you, Karen, this was extremely useful. I needed Oura to upload its data to their cloud before Cronometer could read it. So the issue was the synch betwwen the Oura app and the Oura cloud. Thanks again.

• Would/could you answer a few questions? How are you liking your Oura? Is it bulky and does the finish chip off still? (reviews said it did when I checked a year or so ago)

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• Hi there comanchesue!

I wear an Oura Ring and love it! I have worn it for over a year and while it certainly isn't as bright and shiny as it once was - there are small surface scratches - it has never chipped.

I wear mine nearly 24/7 and do a lot of activities involving holding handlebars/paddles, as a result I do have have a small callous under the finger I wear the ring on (I wear mine on my middle left). I think this could be easily prevented if I switched back and forth between hands regularly. It it a decent size ring and some might find it bulky but I have always worn bigger rings on my hand - I feel like that is more personal preference.

All this being said I cannot say enough good things about the ring - it has truly been life changing. The data it provides has been so valuable when it comes to training and the sleep tracking is top notch! I also love how small and light weight it is, I think a ring is a better option than a watch for me.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I would be delighted to answer them!

I included a few pictures that show the surface scratches and the "bulk". I hope these help too!

Eliisa
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• So far I like mine, but it has been less than a week! I'm gotten mostly used to the ring and I'm sure after a few more weeks I won't notice it at all.

• Thanks for the reply and I apologize for not seeing it sooner. The ring looks pretty good. I'm wanting to ditch the Fitbit Charge 3-it doesn't do the job on heart rate ad they changed their website so logging in is a PITA and they require it almost every visit.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002