Options

Serving Based vs Weight Based Serving Sizes in New Recipes

The ability to enter X number of servings per recipe is not usually showing anymore. The way to get it to show is to save the full recipe, then edit a copy, and then the servings per recipe option will show. You can then save that recipe with the same name and delete the first saved copy. Not very elegant. Not a big deal to calculate the weight of a serving and just do it by weight but this seems to be a new bug.

Comments

• Options

Hi drzoid,

To add serving sizes to your recipe click the green + button, shown here:

Let us know if this isn't working for you.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

That is true only BEFORE the recipe is saved. Once the recipe is saved, the drop down box letting you choose Serving Based or Weight Based is no longer available. In order to get it back, you have to "Edit a Copy" and select it before clicking save. You can then save it with the same name and delete the first version but that still seems like a bug to me. Not only that but you cannot mix serving types. For example, say I put in a recipe that makes 60 servings. You can select Serving Based and put in 60 servings per full recipe. Once you have done that, the option to create weight based serving sizes is gone. You can still enter the number of grams of food but you cannot choose to enter in ounces or in volumetric measures. It would be nice to be able to put in say 60 servings per recipe, Z cups per recipe, W grams per tablespoon, etc. Not that big of a deal, but it just struck me as odd that the option to create both weight based and serving based options is not available, it is one or the other.

• Options

Thanks for clarifying - you are absolutely right! I'll report this for a discussion about whether we can change a recipe from serving based to weight based without having to edit a copy. Or the possibility of having both serving based and weight based serving sizes.

For a weight based recipe, you can certainly define volumetric servings, if you like - i.e. 1 cup = x grams, or 1 serving = y grams. It would be great to be able to define the weight of a single volume of the recipe and have the software calculate additional servings automatically for you!

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer