Options

Rearrange Diary Groups / insert new groups between old ones

I ran into something I couldn't work around without messing up my historical data.

I wanted to insert a "Snack" group in between Lunch and Dinner but the only option is to add it at the end, which doesn't make sense in terms of the order of my day, or I could re-label Dinner to Snack, Exercise to Dinner, etc, but then that will, I assume, make it look like I had giant "dinner" snacks in the past.

Could you make it possible to rearrange these groups and there to insert new groups in between existing ones?

Comments

• Options

I've only used groups on MFP, but I was frustrated by the same problem there. After a while on MFP, I decided to use "Breakfast", "Morning Snacks", "Lunch", "Afternoon Snacks", "Dinner", and "Evening Snacks". I also decided to put them in reverse order so I wouldn't have to scroll past everything else when logging things later in the day. This meant I had historical breakfasts in my "Evening Snacks" group, historical lunches in my "Dinner" group, historical dinners in my "Afternoon Snacks" group and historical snacks in my "Lunch" group. Frustration with this is one reason I just didn't care that Cronometer's free version doesn't use groups.

• Options

I upgraded to Gold specifically for Groups, because I do so much cooking from scratch that not having groups made it super hard to read/manage my diary throughout the day. Also I do like seeing how many calories I am eating earlier vs. later in the day.

I love your idea of putting the groups in reverse order though! That sounds really helpful for mobile.

Another thing I want to see is the ability to collapse the groups in the diary, so after breakfast, I can close/collapse it when I'm done with it for the day.

But yeah... really hoping that they add the ability to rearrange groups.

• Options

Hi there,

Rearranging diary groups is very problematic from a programming perspective, I have been told. Unfortunately this would be a very major undertaking!

We have the ability to collapse diary groups when using the mobile app - I put through your request to add this function to our website as well. Thanks for your feedback!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Hi - new to Cronometer, really enjoying the power it is providing me to understand the nutrients I am consuming. My question: did the ability to collapse Diary Groups in the web app ever get implemented? Coming soon?

Thanks for a fantastic product!
    Brent

• Options
    edited January 2021

Hi Brent,

Collapsible diary groups haven't made it to the web version - thanks for your feedback!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

FWIW, I would like to see this as well. I literally joined the forum to see if it is being discussed.