Cronometer would be much better if you could choose macros and caloric intake and it DID IT FOR YOU

Since this is a computer programme, I really feel it would be beneficial if we could put in our caloric goal, then toggle through our macro choices, then get the macros given to us rather than it having to be worked out on a calculator. But please, if it does this already, please let me know. I will probably change programmes if this can't be remedied. As well as the KJ/Cal debate that has gone on already. I'm pretty sure this is possible.

Comments

• Hi there,

This is how the macro ratios option works! You enter in your macro ratios and the software calculates each macro target from your energy target.

Are you looking for something similar using Fixed macronutrient targets i.e. you set your macro targets and the software calculates your energy target for you?

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thanks Karen, I appreciate that - I just can't find the way to set up calories and macros together - I want to set my own caloric intake and my own macros. I also want to keep the same calories and vary the macros. I did initially do the macro ratios option, but the calorie intake was too low for me - unless there is a way for me to manually set macros and calories that I've missed. Sorry for the shouting text earlier Karen.

• No worries - I saw the all caps as emphasis :)

We are working on giving you options to customize your energy target and macros on the ratio settings, as well as another project to vary your macros from day-to-day.

You can customize your energy target while using macro ratios, though it is not as straightforward as we would like just yet. In your Profile Settings, you can enter in a custom BMR and/or activity level to customize your energy target. Then edit your macros and weight goal (set to maintain weight if you don't want to add/subtract additional calories) in the Targets Settings.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer