Strava sync

Any way to force the Strava sync please? I can force the Apple Health sync by opening Apple Health (which I only use for heart rate) and then opening Cronometer on my iPhone. Withings syncs seamlessly without fail for my weight and body fat. However, the Strava sync is quite flaky. Mostly, my activities sync fine but sometimes they don't and I don't seem to be able to trigger the sync by opening Strava and then Cronometer either on my phone or MacBook. Sometimes they will sync several hours later and sometimes not, which makes planning my food intake really difficult. I've tried the inspect element > empty cache and hard reload route but no cigar. Today, it currently looks like I'm 666 calories over my budget despite the fact that I've done pilates and a bunch of Zwift rides.

Comments

• Also, just to add that I've also tried revoking access and reconnecting but it makes no difference. Normally, it will eventually sync everything when I do a workout the next day but I did a workout and synced to Strava this morning and it's still not triggering an upload to Cronometer. I'm now missing 4 workouts from yesterday and one from today.

• Having exactly the same problem here, and have tried the same solution with no luck

• Hey Gekko21
    I have just spotted this and it has worked. You need to revoke on Cronometer AND Strava

Hi there,

We have some device troubleshooting tips here: https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020355032-Device-Troubleshooting

This usually gets data flowing again between the two apps. Sometimes it needs a little bit more than signing out to reset the connection with Strava.

If you are still having trouble, could you shoot our support team an email at support@cronometer.com?

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hi Rach. Thanks - yes this is what I did in the end. It's a nuisance that it becomes disconnected in the first place though Some of the integrations definitely need some ironing out. Another example (as mentioned in my original post) is that in order to force the heart rate sync from my Apple Watch, I have to open the Health app on my phone and then open the Cronometer app on my phone. Until I've physically opened the Health app, HR data won't show. Cronometer is great in many ways though - much better than MFP in my view so I put up with the small irritations.