How many time did I ate this item + replace all old items by new ones more accurate.

edited January 2021 in Feature Requests

Hello,
I'm a french user and first of all, bravo for this brilliant app, I used it for free for year and I purchased it for a year. This is the best nutrition app I have tested so far and I tested so many...
So there's two new features I want to see :
1) The possibility to know how many time I ate this item for a time periode.
2) The possibility to replace all theses Items by another ones of my choice ( ex: one who's better at the number of nutrient information, or more acurate with my situation).

Feature 1) The possibility to know how many time I ate this item for a time periode.
Why ?
for analyse purpose and grab more intel about what I ate and how I evolved fr the last two years. None of the apps I have ever use have that possibility, and I really wish you could make it possible.
For exemple, my purpose is to cut saturated fat for health reasons. I'm still searching what to cut exactly , and I'm lacking info. There's the "top sources" but it's not always the description of my typical dietary habits : it's okay when you ask for a period of 2 weeks, but not for a period of a year., because there's an emphasis on the absolute number of saturated fat in the item, but not in the frequency of eating that item.
-> Exemple : in my top 10 source of saturated fat for last year , there's the "Tartiflette cheese" ( that's so french of me) , but I only ate two serving last year, so this definitly not one of my top source of saturated fats, even if this item in particular is heavy ins SF.
I hope these exemples are clear to understand .

Feature 2) The possibility to replace all theses Items by another ones of my choice ( ex: one who's better at the number of nutrient information, or more acurate with my situation).
Why ?
I made some mistake along my journey with cronometer, and since it's US based they are a lot of item that I took from the US brand that are not like the european/french brand and market... until I found a more appropriate item in the USDA database ... and until I found the really more approximative one with an alternate name ! When they are too different , I create my custom food from the french national database.
For exemple the Milk and yoghourt situation ! Since two years, I have at least 4 or 5 different name for the same product, until I found the one I want to use for reference... and so in my top source of calcium I have 2 milk items ( which one is totatly wrong) , and i can't correct that without going trought all days ... For now I'll have to do it by hand ( and i'll probably do it since it bothers me !) , but if you implement the first feature, it will be possible the correct type 2 mistake without troublesome :smiley:

Thanks for reading ! and congrats to the team.

Comments