Options

Caffeine & Theobromine - Coffee/Tea

Cronometer presents the caffeine content of foods. And I know that it can only offer analytical data that's already been performed. But the Big Three, legal, stimulatory beverages consumed worldwide are: coffee, tea and cocoa. Dark Chocolate being another non-beverage. The primary stimulant in coffee is caffeine. The primary stimulant in tea and cocoa/chocolate is theobromine. I find black tea to be even more "energizing" than coffee, but my intake of theobromine isn't captured on Cronometer. I believe the amount of milligrams per cup of tea and cocoa (or per piece of dark chocolate) is available on the internet. But if a Custom Food were to be added, there is no line for theobromine. My suggestion would be to add a blank line for whatever substance might be found in a Custom Food having an unusual chemical structure so that subscribers can monitor their intake of it. My last use of marijuana was a few lifetimes ago, but what with the increasing legalization of it in the U.S., it may be time to add a Blank Line for Custom Foods so people can measure their intake of THC (is that the primary potent chemical found in marijuana?).

Comments

• Options

Thanks for reaching out about this. Yes, it would be great to have a cusotm nutrient field int he future. I have passed along this suggestion!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

On the one hand, I know that there can be possible to appear serious problems. On the other hand, I know a few people that are consuming more than 10 cups of coffee per day for many years and smoking cigarettes as well, but they are feeling very happy. So I don't know what to say, everything depends on you and how you're feeling yourself. Your mind takes the last decision. Personally I had quit smoking recently and started to consume top rated Weed Concentrate as a good alternative for cigarettes and I feel times better than before.