Options

Time Zone support?

Hi I do a fair amount of travel and this is my first time using Cronometer (just switched from BiteSnap) with a bit time zone change. Is there support for handling this? I went +17h which is fine, just leaves a hole, but on the way back will double up w -17h? Does it store the data in UTC? Is it possible to make this TZ aware?

Answers

• Options

Hi lhl,

You can manually select a timezone to prevent these gaps/overlapping foods.
    On the website, select the gear icon in the top right corner of the diary to access diary settings. In this menu tick the box to select a preferred time zone to keep your diary entries on a single consistent time.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

When I go there, it takes me to Display settings, which does have the checkbox to show timestamps and the 12/24 clock format selection, but there is no timeone selection available. Using Chrome on Windows.

• Options

Hi there UnclFuzzy,

We had a lot of issues trying to support a specific timezone setting that might be different than your device and have since removed the option - sorry about that!
    Now we use the timezone that your device is using to keep time tracking consistent.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Hi Karen,

Here is how this can be solved. And will be useful for any user that is not sleeping at midnight.

Add a setting that allows
    "start day at...."

So anyone sleeping later than midnight can set the app to register the foods until say 2 am or later for the day before.

I find it irritating, that |I need to switch days manually any time I log food past midnight.

• Options

Worse than that the times are not sorted according to the time in your day where 0200 comes after 2359 not before it. They day is not finished until we say it is. I operate from 0900 to 0300 not 0600 to 0000.

• Options

I'd like to also request an option to set begining and end time of day to be custom. I wake up somedays at 5pm. Be nice to be able to have my waking day match the app. It would not be convenient to change the time zone of my phone just for this app.