Options

Nutrition Report

While tracking a nutrient (folate specifically) I noticed that on the last 3 days my folate amount was over my target but when I look at last 3 days custom range average it is well below the target. How can this be? Thanks.

Comments

• Options

@Jgraglan
    Are you taking a supplement with folate/folic acid? You may be viewing a nutrition report without including supplemental folate/folic acid.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Thanks Susan. I view the nutrition report every day (for the last three days) and if I am under the target I add the supplement to the diary. The daily report shows the supplement but when I check the last three days (or any time period) it's not included. For example; on the 15th, 16th & 17th I took the folate supplement and it shows on each individual days nutrition report that I am over the target, but when I switch to "Trends"-"Nutrition Report"- "Daily average for last 3 days" (15th, 16th & 17th) it says that I am under the target.
    Ok, I found it. The little box on the Nutrition Report page "Include Supplements" was not checked. My bad! Thanks for your time Susan. Have a good one.