Beta Testing Target Settings

Hi Beta Testers!

Wondering if anyone has had a chance to check out the new Energy settings, and Macro Target settings pages yet? There are a few new options in there, and a ton of updated UI that we would love some feedback on;
Particularly of note are
-Thermic effect of food (TEF) inclusion
-Reset Defaults
-smaller weight goal increments
-Custom energy target for dynamic Macro settings
-include/ exclude exercise in target calculation
-More net carb customizability
-and...last but not least.... KILOJOULES!

Let us know what you think!!

Hilary
cronometer.com
As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

Comments

• edited May 2021

The auto-calorie calculation is something my coach has been wanting for SO long - she’ll be super excited once this hits non-beta. Very cool!

One question: why is fructose included as a potential exclusion under net carbs? I’m pretty certain that is not a carb that should be there since it’s a rapidly digested form of sugar with high metabolic impact.

• Hi there!

For some, tracking net carbs is more about insulin response than energy. Fructose doesn't impact the insulin response in the same way as glucose. Having the option to exclude fructose is for those more interested in tracking carbohydrates that acutely impact their insulin needs.

Definitely not something we would set by default for all users, but an option available for those that it helps :)

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• @Karen_Cronometer that makes sense - I suppose what threw me off was that it's located under net carbs, but what you're saying makes sense for that particular application. Thanks for explaining!

• I did notice an issue within the new macro targets page: when I updated my macro split those things updated just fine, however my calories did not reflect the automatic calorie calculation.

screenshots showing updated macros of 235 protein, 425 carbs and 51 fat - which should be in the neighborhood of 3099 calories… but calories in the diary screen are still based off the old macro breakdown I had in the prior to the auto-calculating interface.

I was able to update calories by logging into the web interface and changing the calorie value there.

• ooo this is a very good point @wdavidow
    This design showing the calculation of your total macros entered was designed to be an indicator as opposed to auto-calculating your calories. If you were to enter a very low number there, we would offer a warning indicating you might want to check your energy settings.

But I can definitely see how this could be confusing. I'll discuss with our design team, and see if we can come up with a more clear display for total energy there.

Hilary
    cronometer.com