Withings Connection Resets

Is anyone else having problems with having to redo the Withings app integration every few days? I'm not having this problem with Garmin or FitBit. I imagine the problem is something Withings side but wasn't sure if it was just me.

Comments

• Yes. I contacted support and they are aware of the problem but did not have a solution yet

• I'm having the same problem and also have contacted support. I'm using other apps which have not lost any integration with Withings. This only started about 3 weeks ago and I now have to re-link Withings with Cronometer once a day.

• I’ve messaged them MONTHS ago. No problem with TrainingPeaks, Garmin or any other app that imports from Withings. Everything’s working fine except Cronometer.

Really disappointed in Cronometer support since I specifically bought the Withings because it should have been able to sync with Cronometer !

• It is getting reset for me almost daily too.

• Hi there,

We are looking into this now and have some ideas on the table for improving the connection. I'll let you know when we've got them out the door.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Like others mentioned here already, I kept losing the Withings readings and had to reconnect every few days. Not ideal, but I got used to it.

However, since last week I can't get any activity metrics from Withings at all.

I did disconnect the apps, connected them again, checked for updates. Nothing.

Cronometer shows me they are connected but nothing gets through. Pretty frustrating 😑

• Had to reconnect twice yesterday. Once in the Android app and once on the website. Seems to work otherwise for me though.

• Workaround that *seems* to persist: connect Google Fit to Withings, and connect Cronometer to Google Fit.

• edited July 2021

That doesn't work for blood pressure or body fat, etc. though as far as I can tell. Works for weight at least.

Seriously, how have they not at least updated the site or app with a notice saying "Uh, this is broken right now"? I mean, if it takes a while to fix, ok, but why act like nothing is wrong? It is totally broken.

• Unlink and relink. I do this daily to get all the data across to Cronometer. It is a know issue.

• No update from Cronometer I guess? Multiple times a day to reconnect. Ugh!

• We've got an update coming out with some changes to the Withings link. We've been working hard on this and hope it will address the issues you've been running into. I'll come back and update this thread when it's been released.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• At least make sleep data accessible using Apple Health (no integration necessary if on iPhone). This is how I get all my other Withings data.... via Apple Health. Admittedly it does not help the Android users....

• Hi everyone! We've just released a new update on our website (mobile app to follow ASAP).

When you log into your account on our website, you will see a pop-up to reauthorize your connection to Withings and then we hope your unlinking/relinking days are over.

If you are missing any data from the past or your data is not coming through from Withings head over to: Settings > Devices > Connected Apps and Devices. Under Withings, click the Force Sync button.

Then choose a date from which to back fill your data. It can take a minute or two to see the data appear in your diary.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• edited August 2021

I just tried reconnecting and resyncing (and force syncing) with my Withings account, but it still will not import sleep. I'm not sure if this is a factor, but sleep is the ONLY connection I have turned on in my Withings account, everything else I prefer to get from Apple Health.

• did cronometer ever fix this issue? seems like a few times a day, i have to relogin to withings to avoid the errors in cronometer. No better solution to get body fat and weight to transfer?

• @kapstar I’ve given up on reporting bugs to them, they hardly ever fix anything — the majority of bugs I’ve reported here still haven’t been fixed months (years..) later

• As a new user of just a number of weeks, but a long-time Withings SleepPad user, my "force sync" incidence is 5-6 days out of the week. While the data is updated when I synchronize, I note that the porting of the Withings record time value is blank. Hope the progress comes on par with my other linked data sources.
    Cheers,
    Eric A.

----------------------------Eric A.Olympia, WA, USA