How about P:E Ratio?

From https://www.thepediet.com/

Would be really powerful if PE ratio were calculated per food, per time period, and even settable as a goal

Comments

• I came here to request this very thing. It's a very simple metric, and I believe it will help many people easily track their total diet, without having to count and track everything else.

• So that link gives very little info without a long slog. What’s the basic idea of the PE diet?

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

• Basically it's total Protein divided by total Energy (carbs + fat)

Over 1 means you're getting more protein than energy, which Dr Ted Naiman argues (rather convincingly) is really all you need to worry about.

In a nutshell, Protein builds the body, and Energy is fuel, which gets either burned or stored as fat.

Too low of a ratio (lower than 1) means you're storing energy as fat. A ratio over 1 means you're likely burning more energy than you consume, so you lose weight.

• edited July 2021

Got it, thank you for that. So, is the ratio based on grams or calories?

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

• protein grams / (net carb grams + fat grams)

• It's ratio based on calories

ProteinCalories/EnergyCalories

EnergyCalories from FatCalories + CarbCalories

So (Protein_Grams4)/(Fat_Grams9 + CarbGrams*4)

• No, it's measured in grams.

• This pe ratio is going to matter a great deal in coming years as people get on board with the idea.

Hopefully Cronometer will be ahead of the curve??

• I would love to see this added, too.

• Well there are a few folks working on this idea with new products.

So if cronometer don't step up there will be alternatives very soon I expect.

• edited October 2021

I came here looking for a P:E ratio metric... sort of surprised they don't have it already.

• I came here to suggest the P:E ratio (one for individual food items, and one for the overall day) feature also! Should be very easy to do with the existing information provided by the foot items.