Diary Search?

I found this feature request back in 2018. Has it been implemented yet and if so, how do I search? Would really like the answer to "When did I last eat this / weigh myself?" etc. Asking for the web version, not iOS or Android. Thanks.
https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/796/calendar-search-for-items-foods-from-your-diary

Comments

• A second this request! I have spent so much time trying to go back and find something on my diary. A diary search would be a huge help.

• I came to the forum specifically for this question. I guess I know that currently, it's not implemented. Bummer.

• I would also like to see this feature in the future. Search day by day last time I ate something is quite tedious. A search function over the logged entries would be great!
    Thanks in advance!

• edited October 2021

We've been asking for this for years. Save your breath. They have no interest in providing basic features like a diary search.

• Can we please get a moderator/Cronometer employee to respond to this?? This is a pretty important feature and for requests to go unaddressed like this looks very bad. I'll not be renewing my Gold membership after this. (I actually would have chosen to go Gold just for this feature alone.)

• edited October 2021
  • We haven't had a change to address an in-app diary search feature.

You can export your data in in the Account Settings tab on the website to search your diary history in the meantime :)

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Yes, of course I can. But the use case I am describing is the following:
    1. I recall that I took the same food time ago in the same amount and I don't remember the amount, but the food name.
    2. I search on my diary by food name.
    3. I found some result and I can use the "Copy to today".

Export and search on CSV is OK if you are in a computer, but with the smartphone... I don't think so.
    Still thanks for the answer and I look forward to see this feature soon.

• Absolutely! I just wanted to make sure everyone had access to the information they need to manage their health.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• edited October 2021

You can tell when the people in charge of the product don't actually use the product themselves. Good Grief.

You apparently don't care how much time we have to waste using your product.

"I got a supreme pizza from Ginos today and ate half of it. I had a pizza in June or July, when I figured out the calories per slice"

Currently i have to search through each day in June and July to find the item so I can copy it to today. A search feature would allow me to search for "Pizza" or "Ginos" and list the days when there's an item match.

Even suggesting that people using an app should offload to a spreadsheet to do a simple search on a simple DB is so absurd that I suggest you delete your answer because it just makes you look completely clueless. Who TF even. has spreadsheet software on their phone or ipad? Its so ridiculous.

• I hear you are very passionate about searching the diary and I'll pass that along to the entire team at our next feedback review.

I appreciate if that is not a useful suggestion for you to use now while we don't have your requested feature.

If this fills a need for other users then I'll be glad they had the opportunity to see it.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Karen_Cronometer: It's been pointed out by actual programmers that this would be an easy addition, which is why I think so many people are more than annoyed that it's not available, especially since people have been requesting it since 2017 (that's 4 YEARS, so "not having a chance" is an disingenuous answer.)

I seriously suggest when you "pass it on to the team" that you present it as a possible new Gold feature. That might make someone at Cronometer actually care about it for a change. Also:

It took me a long time to pay for Gold because pretty much everything I wanted was available for free (thank you for that!) I finally took the leap because my employer footed the bill, but have discovered the perks aren't really worth it and won't be renewing if this search feature is not available, because it's that basic a need.

If it DOES end up only being available to Gold members, I would pay to renew it out of my own pocket.

• Thanks for your feedback!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• I would like to add my desire for this feature. It would save SO much time.

• Please implement this, we need it!