Carb/Cal Cycling?

Am I missing something here or can you not set different cals and carbs for each day of the week? I was reading on these forums they was working on this back in 2019! We are now in 2021 and I still don’t see this feature.. being in the bodybuilding industry this type of macro management is pretty standard.

Answers

• Hi GymJames,

We just has some major upgrades to our macronutrient and energy targets settings that we needed to get out of the way first.

With that out in the wild we have got a macro scheduling feature under way. Though we've loved that feature idea for a while now, we've only recently got more developer resources to tackle this big project.

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• When you guys get around to it, if you could set up the target amount to include weekly carb cycling it would be GREAT. I would suggest that you could set it to do daily gram intake for the major nutrients. The diets I have my customers do are cycled weekly between higher carb, medium carb and lower cab days depending on their needs but protein and fat intakes remain constant.

I teach sports nutrition/exercise science here at a local university and I can promise you that my student love this site. It is the best going.

• Hi BigTex,

We just released our Target Scheduling feature! You can schedule your daily intake of carbs, protein and fat in grams for each day in your diary, or set up templates to apply to each day of the week to automatically program a weekly schedule.

Is that what you're looking for or would you like to see some more customizations for scheduling your macro targets?

Thanks for your kind words of support :)

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer