Any chance a public API for Cronometer will be available?

I'm trying to do correlational analysis with my data from Cronometer and my data from other trackers, but it's just a pain to have to manually export the CSV each time.

Comments

• Hi Lars,

We don't have this in our plans for this year. I'll pass along your request for future planning. Thanks for letting us know what would make Cronometer work better for you!

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Are there any plans to link to Siri shortcuts?

• Nothing in the works at the moment @johnquirke2000 though I will add your request to our list too!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Wouldn't count on this happening anytime soon. Chronometer doesn't seem to have the most advanced tech stack. Their killer feature seems to be having the most accurate dataset both in terms of nutrient details and accuracy (although not fully comprehensive). Hoping for a disrupter to emerge in the space and build on this concept with a more modern setup.

• As a data-nerd user looking for an MFP alternative, this is the single biggest reason that is stopping me from coming over to Cronometer. Lack of API access to its members. urgh.

• @Karen_Cronometer it seems like this has been requested across the forum for 5 years or so now. It's advertised that there's already an API access for Enterprise users, meaning not a lot of extra work is really needed. So, what's the issue giving Gold users access as well? Even for a few extra bucks.

• Agreed, this is something that would make it so much better

• edited April 2023

Is there a solution for this available to Pro users? I've been manually downloading CSVs for my clients and would love to have an easier way to tackle this in batch as a health coach.

cc @Karen_Cronometer This is the only reason I am considering moving off Cronometer to another app like MFP for my clients. Can you please give an update as to whether API export functionality is on the roadmap?

• Bumping for support, API access would be a game changer.

• Hi @Karen_Cronometer

Are there any plans this year to make a public API available?

It is critical to integrate with other services.

Thank you.

• Adding this as a gamechanger. I can't get it added to our custom dashboards without it.

• +1. There are workarounds if you know how to code, but I would value it a lot if cronometer were to commit to keeping data open if not an actual API.

• @AnonJohn I do use one of those workarounds, but why should I have to?

• @myazal - oh, for sure. Plus the workarounds will surely break inconveniently. APIs exist to standardize things so that they don't break when there are changes!