Options

Community, development and added value

Hello all,

I have purchased a Gold membership quickly after discovering Cronometer. I had been using My Fitness Pal for a while but was tempted by the added MFA, the claims for more accurate food databases and the raving review I read everywhere.

But alas, it doesn't seem to be what it claimed.
After the purchase I started using the app to plan my daily menu's and quickly ran into some problems. A lot of food was missing from the database which means that I still have to enter foods manually. The foods that are available, aren't always accurate and the app seems to be lacking some basic features that have been asked for multiple times.

Unfortunately, the community seems to be almost non existent. There are a lot of questions that are unanswered, the amount of posts is quite low and there seem to be no interactions with the developers/company themselves.

I am starting to wonder why the reviews are so raving about Cronometer. Is this just because of the sponsorship or am I missing something? At this rate I will be going back to MFP very quickly. If I still need to check my macro's for foods that I scan, I might as well make use of the bigger database, active community and extended features.

Please convince me that I haven't thrown away a year subscription and that Cronometer is really as good as they claim to be.

Comments

• Options

And this here is one of the problems. The thread is open for 3 days but only 3 views.

The community is non-existent..

• Options

I can answer your question from a health practitioner standpoint. Compared to other tracking apps, Cronometer provides a much more informative picture of how someone is eating (especially when tracking is accurate). As such, I'm able to provide much more specific feedback and tailor people's food plans to meet their individual needs. With other apps, there are more unknowns and the risk of inaccuracy is far greater.

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer