Options

Australian foods

As an Australian I am often at a loss when trying to find a certain food. Today at a Christmas lunch I had a homemade Christmas fruit mince tart. Basically pastry with a filling of fruit mince, raisins, apples, sultanas, spices. I couldn’t find anything similar and also looked for Christmas pudding and Christmas cake with no luck. I realise these do not fall under healthy eating but surely Canada and USA have similar foods?

Comments

• Options

@JillieB

Canada certainly has these holiday treats! :smiley:

I would suggest entering each individual ingredient, rather than trying to find an item that has already been made. Not only does this help to ensure the nutrition information is more accurate, but will be easier to locate in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYPtUpgScYY

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options
    edited December 2017

" Today at a Christmas lunch I had a homemade Christmas fruit mince tart. Basically pastry with a filling of fruit mince, raisins, apples, sultanas, spices. I couldn’t find anything similar and also looked for Christmas pudding and Christmas cake with no luck. " I found
    Pie, mince, prepared from recipe
    Asda meat free mince
    But I don't know if that means it's fruit or veg. There are other "meat free mince" and vegetable mince options, but I don't see any that say fruit mince. I don't see the other 2 at all either. And sadly in the USA we don't have those sweets/desserts at all. I have no idea why as they are SO delicious. I guess you'd have to do as Susan suggests. Unless Christmas pudding and cake are called something else in Canada. But no there's no US versions. :(

• Options

You are missing out, I know for Christmas cake, if I’m lucky enough to get any it is similar to an iced fruit cake but I’m horrified that you don’t get Christmas mince pies all full of raisins and apples and spice😱. As I’m not making Christmas sweet treats I’m not going to try to enter ingredients, I’ll just treat the few days of not so healthy eating as a break from Cronometer and get back to basics on Tuesday but thanks for your help.