When to weigh chicken

Chicken breast weighs less when cooked depending on the method and recipe. For nutritional tracking, am I supposed to use the before or after weight? What does the app assume?

Best Answer

• Answer ✓

Looking simply at the calories for 100 g of skinless chicken breast both raw and cooked, the calories for the NCCDB entry are for cooked. Raw chicken breast appears to have very close to 1:1 calorie/gram ratio.

Answers

• It's a bit tricky, isn't it? Personally, I've found that weighing chicken before cooking gives me a more accurate idea of the portion size for my nutritional tracking. But hey, we're all on different paths with our health journeys!

• I recently started raising chickens myself, inspired by some articles I read on the care and keeping of these wonderful birds. If you're interested, there's this fantastic resource I came across https://expertchicken.com/faq that has tons of FAQs answered regarding chicken care. It's been super helpful for a newbie like me! I think it ultimately comes down to what works best for you and your goals.