Cronometer not syncing properly with Apple Health?

Hello, I noticed a lot of random missing entries in Apple Health over the past month. Some days for example were 0-300kcal while I have 2500kcal logged in every day at Cronometer.

I tried to force syncing using the backfill option, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and finally I deleted all Cronometer data from Apple Health and tried to manually force a backfill... I have now ended up with no data at Apple Health at all...

How can I transfer all my Cronometer data to Apple Health again?

I have iPhone SE 2, latest version of iOS and the latest version of the Cronometer app.

Comments

• Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're working on it and I'll let you know when we update the app with a fix.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Finally someone else is experiencing my IOS Health woes. I have noticed the same thing gtsorby has noticed since the update for IOS that introduced time stamps for IOS. Today, it took a turn for the worse, after 3.13.0, no matter what i log into cronometer, it goes into ios on jan 19, 1970 @ 4:55 PM, I have no idea why, but I can reproduce it at will.

• I’m having the same issues with v3.13.0

• We've got an update coming out v3.13.1 to fix the issue with exports to Apple Health. Check it out in the App Store and let us know if you're exports are back in the right place.

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Similar issue:

Active energy Balance drops randomly during the day.

when I last checked around lunchtime I had already burned around 170 kcal from just walking around.

when I checked in the afternoon, the synced data dropped to less than half of it

Cronometer gets data from apple health from watch. using backfill does not change it.

iphone SE2020, app version 3.13.1

• Hi Chocolat!

Would you mind sending us an email at support@cronometer.com with some screenshots comparing apple health calories burned and Cronometer so we can take a look into this with you?

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Sure thing. It's on the way. Thank you 😊

• Hello, as of today (v. 3.16.1) I am still noticing that some days have not exported properly to Apple Health. For example 19/1/21 is showing empty while Cronometer has 2259kcal and 22/1/21 is showing 2535kcal while Cronometer is showing 2475kcal.

Cronometer is the only source for calories in the Apple Health app.

• I can confirm that issue of sync problems again too

Jan 24 in Cronometer: 426 kcal burned

in Apple health: 828 kcal burned.

app version: 3.15.1

• Suffice it to say that with Version 3.22.1, sync problems are still an issue.