Options

Keto for Cancer

I'm using Cronometer to do a special keto diet for my husband diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor, I'm not tech-savvy and a slow learner in nutrition. I would love any help or leads with working with someone to create meals for him. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2022

Can I correct you? There is a diet for prevention and a diet for treating cancer. But it's not keto. If you want a keto diet for your husband, see your doctor. Keto allows you to get into ketosis - when fats are converted to energy instead of carbohydrates. But you can't stay in this state all the time because the symptoms of ketoacidosis occur. It is also impossible not to eat carbohydrates because the liver will produce new cells and damage existing cells. But once new cells start to appear, there is a chance of cancer cells in other organs being affected. The brain needs sugar because this carbohydrate is insulin-independent. When you watch the rm models, you realize that the brain needs these cells despite cancer.

• Options
    edited August 2022

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you both. You can create meals for him in a few different ways. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, you could hire a nutritionist or dietitian to help you out. There are also a few meal delivery services that specialize in keto-friendly meals. Btw, I wonder what kind of treatment your husband receives? I recently discovered that Fenbendazole (www.fenbendazole.org), a deworming agent, is used for cancer treatment. It's surprising how sharply medicine evolves. I hope this gives you some ideas of where to start. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

• Options

Can you please update the outcome? thank you