stop giving the user a shitty user experience and design. hire good designers.

edited November 2022 in Feature Requests

here a much better design and user experience.
i also recommend removing the colored circles. this is not a circus.
deliver the main points of a food tracking product.
the "highlighted nutrients" should show stuff the user wants to be there. remove the circles. just the text and perhaps colour for better visibility.

but for devils sake stop wasting so much space.

screenshot shows 1920x1080 monitor.

stop giving the user empty space. do you not have a Responsive Web Designer? if yes, get a better one.

B5 (Pantothenic Acid) for example is too much text. Just show B5 (Panto).... The user can hover over the dots to see full name.

I have also noticed that it is now impossible to look at the daily kcal past data, copy a day and paste it to current day.

Comments

• Hi! Thanks so much for your feedback! I have passed it along to the team! Just wondering if you could offer a bit more information about one of the things you brought up - you mentioned that copy and pasting isn't working correctly for you? What exactly is happening with this? If there is a problem we would love to fix it!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I'll join this thread to pitch in my own feedback:

• My only complaint with the app update (Android) is that I want an option to have it open to my Diary instead of the dashboard. I'll look at the dashboard when I want to see trends, but that's not why I am opening the app 99% of the time, so I want the landing page to be the page I use the most. If you add it as a customization in the settings people can have their landing page set to whatever suits them best.
      Other than that the app looks and feels like not much has changed, which means I have very few complaints. It's functional and quick and not too pushy with the ads (although having the landing page be the dashboard means that I have to scroll down from the big "Subscribe to Gold" banner which feels a little pushy)

• I'm very much not a fan of the website update. It's the same as all "modern" website design where everyone is trying to make their web feel like a mobile app and it just doesn't work on a desktop monitor at high resolution. I agree there's way too much wasted space in the new design, and I've zoomed my browser out 30% to get everything visible in one screen again, which is inefficient.

• Same complaint here as the app: the page I use the most is the diary, not the dashboard. Let me change the landing page. I can solve it with a bookmark for now, but that's not friendly design, and having the dashboard littered with non-removable ads for Gold makes it feel like there's an agenda for not letting us customize it.
    • Can I not see my trend charts on the diary pages anymore?? I want all my important data on one page, not having to load and switch back and forth between tabs. You seem to be trying to make that page the Dashboard, but I can't add my foods and remaining calories to my dashboard? I'm usually flipping it open because I want to know what is remaining for today, not my trend for the week. The dashboard being the landing page might be acceptable if I can add this information to it, and then the diary itself acts as a deeper drilldown into the specific nutrients.
    • Why isn't there a "customize" button right on the dashboard to adjust what is displayed on it? Why do I have to dig into the settings to find this?
    • The coloured circles don't bother me, but the space between them really does.
    • The app has dark mode but I couldn't find it for the web version?

I hope this feedback is helpful for your design team!

• KPMKPM
    edited November 2022

My only complaint with the app update (Android) is that I want an option to have it open to my Diary instead of the dashboard. I'll look at the dashboard when I want to see trends, but that's not why I am opening the app 99% of the time, so I want the landing page to be the page I use the most. If you add it as a customization in the settings people can have their landing page set to whatever suits them best.

Yes! I can perhaps understand the thinking behind having the "Home" tab set as default for free users, in an effort to expose them to the "Subscribe to Gold" banner, but there's absolutely no reason why Gold subscribers shouldn't be allowed to choose which tab to open by default.

Ever since the update I begin most Cronometer sessions with a flash of annoyance at having to switch tab. Surely that can't be the user experience you want.

• hi guys, regarding the app:
    you can just re-install the previous version of cronometer. in this thread I post all the steps how I did it.
    (small mistake: please note that the link I provide is truncated. I cannot correct that post anymore. then in the next post I provide the correction: the full correct link.)

https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/5445/reinstall-the-old-app-on-the-phone-and-inhibit-upgrades-to-the-horrible-new-design#latest

all this is for Android. if somebody could post something for other platforms that would be much appreciated.

a message of peace to the embattled:
    @Aaron and his team has received huge criticism for their new release. in fact, they got 100% refusals. I haven't seen a single positive comment. let's help them! they are in emotional distress. if we reinstall old versions, this is a positive way of saying that we love their app, which is the fruit of hard work of the last decade. I hope they will find peace of mind to reconsider their failed redesign and take a wise decision to revert and start listening to us, the users. we all had wrong decisions in our lives, at least I definitely had! and if one has invested much then it is emotionally difficult to concede the losses.
    -> peace and love and revert to what was good.

• edited November 2022

I'm sure this incredibly rude attack on the UI and the devs will be put at the top of the list!

Way to fail @napelazam I'm sure going full Karen will get you exactly what you want!