Options

Zwift --> Garmin --> Cronometer

edited November 2022 in Help

Hey all,

So I am having an issue it would seem with getting activity that is automatically put into Garmin from Zwift to show as a daily activity entry on Cronometer. All other activity is showing as it should but anything that Zwift syncs into Garmin seems to be lost. Does anyone else here use Zwift with a Garmin watch and can chime in with their experience?

Much thanks,
Brandon

Comments

• Options

I went back to older workouts. As evidence from this previous activity Cronometer used to recognize this.

• Options

So apparently I am the only one in the Garmin/Cronometer ecosystem that uses Zwift? LOL

• Options

Perhaps ?? I don't use it but can't see why it would not transfer. Do other cycling activities transfer if they were created on garmin connect ?

• Options

All other activity syncs, or at least any activity that originates from the Garmin itself. If I utilize the 'Indoor Biking' feature on the Garmin at the same time that particular entry will show in crono but not the activity that is sent to garmin from Zwift. It used to work flawlessly. I prefer not to use my watch to track Zwift sessions as it is not quite 100% in the cycling details as Zwift is.

• Options

Sorry. I had a similar experience with health sync and strava in the past. If the activity originated in strava it would be dealt with but not if it was passed to strava from some other source. Hopefully somebody here from cronometer will see this and advise

• Options

Tried this today for the first time in a while. Zwift not syncing with conometer as an activity when it used to, so it's an issue and not just you.

• Options

I'm having this issue too!

Any resolution?

• Options

I would suspect no resolution. We are in that finger pointing position where neither side really acknowledges it is their issue. I ended up switching to Fulgaz because that works for me better.

• Options

I'm also experiencing this. For me, a subset of the calories end up showing up in "Imported Activity" as opposed to exercise. But the "Imported Activity" first subtracts from the baseline Activity Level and isn't added to calorie totals like Exercise (i.e. things recorded directly from a Garmin device).

• Options

Same issue for me. I had similar issues early on with Zwift and it's sync through Garmin to other apps - a fix for those was to change the activity type from "Virtual Ride" to "Indoor Ride" in Garmin Connect. Tried that but doesn't work for Cronometer, apparently.

As a last resort, I did connect Strava and it synced my Zwift ride this morning (no ability to backfill so could only get today's into the diary). But, going forward for Garmin device recorded rides, I'll now have to manually delete either the Garmin or Strava activity that loads up to Cronometer so only one remains. And, from other posts complaining about this, the Daily Activity calorie estimation that comes across from Garmin for steps does include the workout calories from the non-Garmin device/app recorded ride - so, I will always be double-dipped on the days I ride Zwift (from the Garmin's Daily Activity calc and from the Strava workout calc).