Android app and even the Windows app open on the wrong day

Really aggravating when you notice that you have entered data ad intermixed it with data for the wrong day. On a regular basis the app opens fresh on the drong *&#E day!

It's 7am Dec 30 and the app opened on the 29th this morning . I am half asleep and entered quite a bit of data on the wrong day!
This again fits into the category of a bug that destroys your data!
The worse kid of bug IMHO.
Please take a look.
Thanks

Joe Tittiger
Seymour MO
joe ATT Tittiger DOTT com

Comments

• Hello @tittiger ,

You're right, this does sound frustrating. It might be possible that your phone's time settings are set to another time zone. Would it be possible to email us at support@cronometer.com with screenshots of your phone's time settings? We'll look into reproducing and fixing this issue!

Regards,

Marie-Eve
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I notice the phone app doesn't refresh on a new day if it's been running in the background from the previous night. The web app tends to be better at figuring out the date change, but often I would have to do a manual refresh.

• Thanks and I have the same observation.
    I have also found another issue between the way the phone and PC apps handle a text field. The phone will allow me to put my data entries neatly one on it's own line and it stays that way UNTIL the PC app touches that text box by opening or editing it from the PC. The text then is all strung together on one line and hard a Hades to read. I am going to make a bug report on that right now before I go to bed.....

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Marie just looked at my phone and PC and both have the correct time. I am in Eastern time zone right now having come from Central a month back.

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Hello @tittiger ,

It looks like @Vickie might've found the issue! I'll log it in as a bug for our developers to look into. I would recommend force closing the app and reopening it when this does happen. Please let us know if force closing the app doesn't refresh it to the correct date!

Unfortunately, the text format is not the same on the web version, I'll suggest it as an improvement.

Cheers,

Marie-Eve
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer