Options

Expand Ketone breath unit choices

Now that I am in maintenance mode, I often find myself using the Ketonix as a stand alone device. I sure would like a way to enter the number of flashes as a biometric entry rather than as a note that is in many respects, not useful to me at all.
TIA
Joe

Joe Tittiger
Seymour MO
joe ATT Tittiger DOTT com

Comments

• Options

Hello @tittiger ,

Thanks for the suggestion! Gold subscribers can add custom biometrics when logged into the web version. There is a green plus button next to the list in the add biometrics screen. You can then add in a custom biometric for your Ketonix with the unit of your choice.

Cheers,

Marie-Eve
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Hmm awesome! pretty kewl.
    Amazing how I miss things like that. How hard would it be to add a pop us for sleeping zombies like myself? Hmmm It's already there. I must really be a zombie, and don't know it. Thanks again Marie. I am still learning things after about 8 months here.

I think the flashes should be standard though. One last suggestion would be able to reorder, and edit the names of the biometrics without having to delete them. That would likly destroy much data if one did that. (we zombies are never ever satisfied are we?)

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Options

Beginning tomorrow I will begin using my new --- "Ketone (flashes)" -- biometric. I can think of some crazy ones. I'll keep those to myself.

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Options
    edited January 2018

Just ran into another issue Marie.
    This morning I ran into my Ketonix unit giving me 2 yellow flashes!
    (green flashes go up to 9 - I think)
    How can I create a custom biometric now that will track both yellow flashes and green flashes?

I don't didn't want to push you towards a Kludge solution but using the numbers 10 for one yellow flash and 11 for 2 yellow flashes would work. That is if I am right about the limit of 9 for green. I have much better ideas but I hate to type and a phone call is always better for things like this. How about a graph that has green shading up to 9 and then yellow shading above 9? This kludge also has the problem that you have to remember to add 9 to the number of flashes if it is yellow. Perhaps a better solution would be a seperate yellow flash biometric with the back end combining green and yellow flashes when they are graphed.
    Hope that made sense. I is after all 6am

Another issue is that I can not now edit the "flashes" biometric that I created yesterday to play around with some sort of kludge solution for the yellow flash issue...

3rd issue: There is no time stamp on these entries which IMHO is critical!

4th issue: I can't come back here and make this more clear if I later see that I made an error. (edit lock after one hour) This "feature" is a freaking "bug" if I have ever seen one.
    Step on it like you would any other bug!

5th issue; Exactly like I predicted yesterday. The GD software destroyed my freaking data from yesterday when I had to delete the custom biometric I created yesterday. I can not tell you how much software that destroys data pisses me off guys. There is nothing worse. How about graphing my 2 biometrics into one color coded chart? Best yet one biometric that lets you choose either yellow or green flashes without 2 seperate biometrics.

Anyhow my kludge solution for now is to have both green and yellow flash biometrics. And if I come up with a better idea, it looks like my only option is to destroy more data!!

Have a great day support team!

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Options

Can't edit the above now to make things more clear. Are we signing legal contracts here where this is necessary? WTF?

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Options

Hello again @tittiger !

I'll definitely make sure your suggestion of adding the Ketonix flashes units is on our list of user suggestions. As you know, we're still a pretty small team and have a very long to-do list. You'll be happy to hear that we are planning on implementing time stamps to Cronometer as it is one of the most asked for features.

I do think for now the best solution for now in your custom biometrics is using the numbers 10 for one yellow flash and 11 for 2 yellow flashes like you suggested.

Sorry about the 1 hour editing lock, I'll look into this!

Cheers,
    Marie-Eve

ps. Aren't we all zombies in the morning?

Marie-Eve
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Thanks again Marie. You may be right but I have settled for now on 2 different biometrics... one for green and one for yellow. On second though I may go back and change it to the 1-9 for green and 10 and up for yellow. :-) Decisions decisions...
    Yup your suggestion is the best kludge for now. At least it will graph correctly.

I am not saying I would have done any better and I have seen it a 100 times, but when CM software was written, it was done expediently without sufficient thought to extensibility. That seems like SOP in the software industry. It is what it is, and thanks for looking into the lock. I can not see a single good use for it in this context. 99.9% of the time it will just aggravate the poster. Have a good day! :smile:

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Options
    edited January 2018

Ran into another issue with putting a custom biometrics field in. Not sure what data type you are using but I was limited to less characters than I wanted. Ideally I wanted the mnemonic unit of "flashes 1-9 green, 10+ yellow" then it is self documenting. Seems like my hands are constantly tied behind my back even with the kludge fixes I attempt.....

Fixed... I can get that length of text in the first field but not the second. It works... Thanks for making me think more about the original fix. I think it is as close to perfect as I am going to get. i.e

"Ketones 1-9 green, 10+ yellow ------------- 12 flashes"
    "Ketones 1-9 green, 10+ yellow ------------- 3 flashes"
    "Ketones 1-9 green, 10+ yellow ------------- 1 flashes"
    "Ketones 1-9 green, 10+ yellow ------------- 10 flashes"

And it is self documenting

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Options

I question how consistent the breath measurements of ketones is. Rather than by the ketonix I use a regular alcohol breathalyzer and even after a 10 day fast the numbers very radically from hour to hour. My breathalyzer seems very sensitive but was never designed to read acetone. I always presumed the ketonix does not list actual numbers because it's difficult to be accurate.

One note to people who are ketogenic never blow into a portable police breathalyzer about day four of my fast when I was at my strongest ketone levels my breathalyzer red .09% blood-alcohol level. It would be really nasty to get arrested for DUI when you haven't drank any alcohol for 12 days.

• Options

Hey Ozzy good to hear a voice in this information desert here.
    The Ketonix does measure numbers you just have to cable to to a PC and
    start up their software and with the right techniche you can get consistent results.

Does a blood alcohol meter measure acetone? If so the storm trooper thugs in blue deserve a village idiot award.

Now I am wondering if the Ketonix is just a blood alcohol meter pained red?

THIS IS INTERESTING:
    My new data show that you can not use breath levels to predict BHB levels. One can be high and the other low and visa versa. It seems that sometimes when BHB and by definition out of Ketosis that my body might well be burning acetone instead as I have had very high breath readings at such time. I would love to contact the Mercola study and see what they have to say. Perhaps they would be interesting in me tracking this more closely. If you know how to contact them please let me know.

Also you may be interested to know that there is now another breath unit on the market. It is ridiculously priced. You pay a monthly fee to use it. But as always the price will drop in a few years. I think I will make a separate post for it. Here is the link:

http://levlnow.com/

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Options

Marie that is exactly what I have been doing since the day I was made aware of the feature.
    Thanks

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO

• Options

I wish we had an integration for Ketonix in the mobile app. My Ketonix breathalyzer is bluetooth, and would be great to have the data go directly into Cronometer