How Is Syncing With Google Fit/Samsung Health Supposed to Work?

I'm not understanding the point of integrating apps like Samsung Health or Google Fit if they don't import step data? My Galaxy Watch Active2 tracks my general daily activity/calories burned as steps mostly (unless I purposefully walk for like 15 min or manually input into the watch that I'm about to exercise). This data isn't imported into Cronometer; only tracked exercises (which doesn't cover daily activity, just exercise as I said before) are. I wanted to set my Activity Level to "None" and have my daily burned calories automatically import so I get a more accurate idea of what I'm burning each day, but it looks like that's not possible since none of my regular daily activity imports. Am I doing something wrong here?

I don't want to go back to the "Sedentary" Activity Level because I think it's heavily overestimating how many calories I burn walking around my house.

Answers

• edited March 2021

I use Google Fit (GF) integrated into Cronometer with Activity Level set at NONE...and it works as designed. As you move through the day, GF creates one default activity at the start of your day(walking) and continues to add to that. When you exercise, it gets entered as a separate entry. Both of these will feed into Cronometer. Ensure that GF only reads from your watch and any exercises you do are entered via your watch as your one point of entry.

• Bumping this...

My wife and I both have Samsung Active watches as well, and the daily activity from the watch does not sync in, only exercise. We're new users so we followed the faq and set it to "None" but that results in major inaccuracy and we have to fudge it with "Sedentary".

• I am also having this issue with Samsung Health. It syncs things like weight, body fat%, and sleep, but not daily activity or steps. Is this a known issue?

• I contacted support because the help file on the webpage (at the time) stated that it does take in daily activity. It appears they changed it. Web addy here:

Here.

Cronometer will ONLY take the active minutes from Samsung Health. It will not take in what they call "general activity". No steps either.

So if you have it turned on in settings as per the help file, the total calories burned will be:
    Cronometer's assumption of your BMR based on your settings under the energy target + active minutes/calories from Samsung =Calories burned in your "burn circle" .

However if I accurately assess my BMR in Cronometer + my daily activity & compare Samsung health results for calories burnt, I was usually off about 400 calories, give or take a 100.

I've found I've only had success altering my BMR to a different levels in Cronometer to make the calculation come out to the "correct answer" so it comes out close enough. Problem is if your activity level changes and you need to change the BMR level, ALL previous dates change as well, which means you will be over or under on all your previous days.

So yeah, wish I hadn't purchased the year subscription. Best of luck!

Cronometer Support Email Below:

Hello,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this and for bringing this to our attention. This issue has been reported by other users and our developers are looking into it; currently we are only importing logged exercise from Samsung health to Cronometer, and are not reading general activity. I will let you know if we require further information and will notify you when the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,