Fat Man In the House

Hello, I never had to worry about weight before, but my weight is starting to scare me. I am 5'7 and 252 pounds at 65. I have always been healthy and still consider my self so. although I am pre diabetic. I have started a Ketogenic diet and Intermittent fasting. I found this site looking for trackers in Reddit. I am currently looking for a fitbit or similar device to help me track heart rate through the day. Giving up all my vices are something I am sure to be struggling with.

Comments

• Good luck! I'd been overweight as a child so I started worrying a lot earlier. Sometimes I think it's a blessing.

• @fuimus

Great job on starting to make changes to improve your health! One piece of advice I would offer is to make sure that whatever you do to lose weight is sustainable. In the medical field, we have started treating weight management as a chronic disease, given that it requires lifelong intervention. If losing weight requires white knuckled will-power, it is unlikely to be long-term.

So get really curious about your eating habits and start to gather data about the things in your day and life that help you lose weight vs. those that interfere with weight loss.

And let us know if you have any questions along the way!

Best of luck!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer