What devices have you tried linking with Cronometer?

I am looking for one that tracks exercise. Recommendations? Experiences?

Comments

• I used to have a fitbit which I do not recommend but it was never close to what the iphone reported as far as steps & flights. I was also wondering if you use a tracking device does it automatically import steps & flights into the cronometer app or do you still need to manually input the exercise?

• I have a Fitbit Charge 2 that I highly recommend. The steps are accurate and it easily syncs with this site.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• My fitbit Ionic is working with Cronometer. Any fitbit tracker connected to the fitbit app/website should work with cronometer.

• I have been using the exercise options in the Diary - if you use a fitbit or other tracker will it double post the exercise or would you need to use one or the other?

• edited January 2018

I use a Garmin Vivoactive HR for activity tracking, the exercises come into Cronometer but not the steps, really dont need to see those as I can see them on the garmin app. The one thing I dont like is that this app does not sync the calories recorded here to the Garmin. I have to use another app to get those into my fitness tracker. (I only record the total from here to there, still a pain) I also use the Nokia (Withings) body scale. the weight and fat percentages come into cronomter. I love my Garmin. Learning to love Cronometer but it is not the most "intuitive" app.

• @ross You can set the Activity settings on your profile to account for syncing with a device. You will want to set your activity to "None" to ensure you don't double count activity. To learn more see https://cronometer.com/help/profile/#vitals

@Quilter_Jane1 Unfortunately we do not export information to Garmin at this time. Glad to hear you are making the most out of Cronometer; let us know about features you don't find intuitive, or features you would like to see! We are always trying to make the software more user friendly!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thanks for the answer.

• I use a Garmin Edge 500 while cycling and cronometer automatically enters the data once I upload it on the Garmin website.

• Have you ever compared the Garmin results to the default cycling exercise listed inside the diary?

• i go with my watch because of the heart rate function and i have it set to go off my resting heart rate. I know there is a margin of error, but I take most of the caloric readings with a grain of salt.

• Ross, no I have not. I basically use it while riding to track my heart rate, mileage, time on the bike, that sort of stuff. As far as calories expended, I do not pay much attention to their estimates.